A man sought by police in connection with a fatal July bank robbery in Stockton met with investigators Tuesday and was then released.
Pablo Ruvalcaba, 21, was wanted only for questioning with regard to the July 16 Bank of the West robbery, according to a Stockton Police Department news release.
Police announced Monday that a 16-year-old boy had been arrested and booked into San Joaquin County juvenile hall, accused of being an accessory to the fact and gang offenses. The youth, whose name was not released, allegedly took the suspect vehicle, a Buick, that was used to deliver the three gunmen to the bank on July 16 and dropped it off on West Street in Stockton. The Buick was recovered July 18.
Police said Monday that Ruvalcaba was wanted for questioning as possibly being the driver of the car that delivered the gunmen to the bank.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The robbery began about 2 p.m. July 16 when three robbers entered the bank armed with handguns and an AK-47. They took three hostages and led police on a 61-minute, 55-mile pursuit. The chase ended with the death of one of the hostages, 41-year-old Misty Holt-Singh, and suspects Alex Gregory Martinez, 27, and Gilbert Renteria Jr., 30. Another suspect, Jaime Ramos, 19, survived and faces murder and other charges.
In announcing Tuesday that Ruvalcaba had been questioned and released, police said investigation in the case continues and encouraged anyone with information to call the Police Department at (209) 937-8377, the Investigations Unit at (209) 937-8323, or Crime Stoppers at (209) 946-0600. Callers can remain anonymous. Tips also can be texted to 274637. Type the keyword TIPSPD, followed by the tip information.
A $50,000 reward is offered for information that leads to an arrest.