Crime - Sacto 911

Fire sweeps through two Placerville storefronts

A Placerville fire destroyed the Stadium Club bar and George’s Laundromat.
A Placerville fire destroyed the Stadium Club bar and George’s Laundromat. Placerville Police Department

Two businesses in Placerville burned in an early morning fire Tuesday.

The Stadium Club bar and George’s Laundromat suffered extensive damage in the 2:30 a.m. fire in the 1500 block of Broadway. When police and fire crews arrived, the structure was fully engulfed in flames.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze before flames spread up the hill behind the businesses, according to a police news release.

Investigators said the fire appeared to be accidental and not suspicious.

Bill Lindelof: 916-321-1079, @Lindelofnews

  Comments