Crime - Sacto 911

Amber Alert canceled after San Mateo boy found safe in Sacramento

A 5-year-old San Mateo boy was found safe in Sacramento Wednesday, after authorities sent out an Amber Alert following reports that he had been abducted.

The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department received a call at about 6:40 a.m. Wednesday from a man who said he needed help for his son. When deputies arrived in a parking lot in the area of Old Placerville Road and Goethe Road, they found Michael Steele, the father, with his son, Jacob.

“We detained the male for San Mateo (sheriff’s office),” said Sharon Chow, a spokeswoman for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. “The child was checked to the hospital.”

No other information was released.

  Comments