Businessman Michael Lyon’s latest criminal eavesdropping case is still pending in Sacramento Superior Court, but the former Carmichael Boy Scout leader has been hit with a new lawsuit accusing him of using hidden cameras to make sex tapes involving guests in his homes.
The latest suit was filed Dec. 31 in Sacramento Superior Court under the names Linda Doe and Sam Doe. It accuses Lyon of recording the two when they were invited guests at his homes in “states of full undress” in areas “that were considered private, such as bathrooms, showers or bedrooms.”
“Plaintiffs did not know that hidden, disguised and concealed video imaging and recording devices had been placed throughout the residence owned, occupied and maintained by Michael P. Lyon,” the suit states. “They did not know they were being watched or that their images were being recorded while plaintiffs were engaged in private sexual behavior.”
The suit alleges the recordings were distributed to third parties, including websites, without their knowledge and says they first learned of the recordings when law enforcement contacted them on Jan. 3, 2015, and showed them videos that had been confiscated from Lyon’s home.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
That contact stemmed from an investigation that began after Lyon failed to show up for a probation appointment and authorities raided his Arden Park home in October 2014 and allegedly discovered drugs and evidence of hidden recordings.
Lyon declined to comment on the lawsuit following a brief court hearing Friday on his criminal case, which has been set to go to trial on May 2 unless ongoing discussions with prosecutors result in a plea agreement.
Lyon, 60, faces 16 felony counts alleging that he secretly recorded his interactions with eight women in his home without their knowledge. He and his co-defendant, Shannon Campbell, 41, who faces drug charges, both pleaded not guilty in November.
Lyon previously pleaded guilty to secretly recording four women in his home and spent six months in jail and home detention. He also paid out $2.5 million to settle a civil suit filed by former friends and employees who said he filmed them secretly in his home.
Lyon, the former chief executive officer of Lyon Real Estate, also has another lawsuit pending against him in Sacramento Superior Court. That suit was filed in May under the name “Jane Doe” and accuses Lyon of recording her “while she was engaged in private sexual behavior with Mr. Lyon at his residence.”