A Sacramento jury convicted a 26-year-old man Wednesday of the 2015 rape and imprisonment of a woman he was dating.
Stanley Tillman faces a maximum of 20 years in prison when he is sentenced July 26, according the Sacramento District Attorney’s Office. He was convicted of felony domestic violence, rape, criminal threats and false imprisonment.
During the assault, Tillman dragged the woman out of bed by her hair and slammed her head on the ground several times. She suffered a concussion in the attack.
Tillman then strangled and raped the woman, according to the District Attorney’s Office.
The victim escaped through a window, but was forced back into the house by Tillman. Tillman told the woman, who was vomiting due to the head trauma, that she would not leave the house alive.
When a friend of Tillman’s arrived at the home, the victim persuaded him to allow her to leave by promising to tell the visitor she had been mugged. The woman was treated, then went to a friend’s home. The friend called police, the District Attorney’s Office said.