A series of flu shot clinics is being held in Sacramento County.
The clinics started Thursday and will be held through November.
Flu shots are available for people over 6 months of age. Donations will be accepted but are not required, according to the county.
Last year, 27 people died from the flu in Sacramento County. Flu season starts as early as October and continues through February.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
“Those who cannot receive the vaccine, including infants under 6 months of age, rely on others being vaccinated to help protect them,” Sacramento County Public Health Officer Dr. Olivia Kasirye said in a press release. “The earlier people get vaccinated, the better. It takes two weeks for the protective properties of the vaccine to take effect.”
All clinics will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., except at River City Food Bank, which is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Other dates and locations for the flu shots:
• Oct. 21: St. Therese Church, 100 4th St., Isleton
• Oct. 24: Sacramento County Administration building, 700 H St.
• Oct. 31: River City Food Bank, 1800 28th St.
• Nov. 4: County Voter Registration building, 7000 65th St.
• Nov. 6: Citrus Heights Community Center, 6300 Fountain Square Drive
• Nov. 18: Department of Human Assistance building, 2450 Florin Rd.