Just in time for National Puppy Day, here’s a story about one lucky dog.
Santa Monica firefighters responding to a fast-growing blaze at 4:10 p.m. Tuesday at an apartment found the dog, Nalu, unresponsive after it was “overcome by heat and smoke,” according to a Santa Monica Fire Department new release.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Firefighters removed Nalu from the structure and firefighter Andrew Klein used a pet oxygen mask and performed CPR, the news release said. It took 20 minutes, but Nalu regained consciousness and was able to walk. The dog was taken to a nearby animal hospital for further care.
The fire was brought under control in 10 minutes and no injuries to residents or firefighters were reported. The cause has yet to be determined and authorities are investigating.
Nalu’s owner, Crystal Lamirande, posted this on Facebook: “Back from the dead !!!! He is so thankful he is alive even though all his clothes are severely smoke damaged!!!! Thank you thank you thank you Love nalu Marley !!!!! (And his mother crystal ) we are forever grateful.”