(Updated as of 6 p.m. Saturday.)
As flames engulf wide swaths of Northern California, evacuations have spread and more shelters are accommodating evacuees.
Emergency operations centers are pushing information out via Nixle, according to CHP-Marin. To get up-to-date information on evacuations, shelters and road closures, text your zip code to 888777. In Sonoma County, you can join SoCoAlert: http://sacb.ee/bi0v.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Here are maps of fires burning in the state:
Click here for one; see below for another.
Here’s a map to find a shelter in your area:
Sequoia Equities is offering apartments to fire victims in need in Petaluma, Vacaville, Benicia and Martinez; all fees are waived and credit will not be a factor. Pets: No breed restrictions, no number of pet restrictions. Call 925-239-9453.
The city of Santa Rosa has been particularly hard hit in the Tubbs Fire, its mayor reports. The Santa Rosa Fire Department announced Tuesday that a Santa Rosa Public Information Line is open for those with questions: 707-543-4511.
Here’s a list of evacuation areas:
All areas and roads north and south off of Highway 12 between Adobe Canyon Road and Calistoga Road. Skyhawk, Mountain Hawk, Oakmont and most of Rincon Valley. Head west toward Santa Rosa. Evacuation Center at Finley Community Center, 2060 W. College Ave. and Sonoma County Fairgrounds, 1350 Bennett Valley Road. Buses are staged at Safeway at Highway 12/Calistoga Road for those who need transportation.
Agua Caliente - Mandatory Evacuations
Agua Caliente - Advisory Evacuations
- E Agua Caliente Road
- La Placita
- Moon Mountain
- Oak Tree
Bennett Valley - Mandatory Evacuations
- Bennett Ridge Road
- Sonoma Mountain Road
- Enterprise Road
Boyes Hot Springs - Advisory Evacuations
- Boyes Hot Springs- All
Cloverdale - Mandatory Evacuations
- Cloverdale KOA Campground
Eldridge - Mandatory Evacuations
- Sonoma Developmental Center
El Verano - Advisory Evacuation
- Arnold Drive from Madrone, south to Petaluma Avenue on the west side of Arnold Drive
Fetters Hot Springs - Advisory Evacuation
- Arnold Drive from Madrone, south to Petaluma Avenue on the west side of Arnold Drive
Geyserville - Mandatory Evacuations
- Colony Road
- Deerpath Drive
- Geysers Road to Chalk Hill Road
- Nutter Road
- Sellers Road
- River Road
- Fay Ranch Road
- Fox Ridge Road
- Geysers Road - up to Cal Pine
- Highway 128 - from the Russian River east to Geysers Road
- Lakewood Lane
- Ram Hill Road
- Ridge Oaks Road
- Rockmouth Road
- Vanoni Road - to Gill Creek, all directions
- Vineyard Road
- Woodridge Road
Geyserville - Advisory Evacuations
- Downtown Geyserville
- Palomino Road
- Asti Ridge Road
- Highland Ranch Road
Glen Ellen - Mandatory Evacuations
- Glen Ellen - All
- Arnold Drive - at State hospital in between Madrone Road and Warm Springs Road
- West of Jack London State Park
- Enterprise Road
- Wall Road - North of Trinity Road (Napa County)
Healdsburg - Mandatory Evacuations
- Highway 128 between Chalk Hill Road and Geysers Road
Healdsburg - Advisory Evacuations
- Rio Lindo Academy
- Fitch Mountain
- Healdsburg Ave., east of Paul Wittke Dr., north of Poppy
- Hill, north of Panorama Dr., north of Gauntlett Res.
Kenwood - Mandatory Evacuations
- Kenwood - All
Knights Valley - Mandatory Evacuations
- Porter Creek Road
- Petrified Forest Road
- Ida Clayton Road - from Highway 128 to the county line
Larkfield - Mandatory Evacuations
- Larkfield - All
- Mark West Springs Area - All
Penngrove Area - Mandatory Evacuations
- Roberts Road
- Lichau Road
- Pressley Road
- Sonoma Mountain Road
Santa Rosa - Mandatory Evacuations*** For anybody who needs alternate transportation, there are buses staged at Safeway at Highway 12 / Calistoga Road ***
- Highway 12 between Adobe Canyon Rd in Kenwood and Calistoga Rd in Santa Rosa. This includes both sides of Highway 12 and any/all side roads in between. Everybody needs to evacuate westbound on Highway 12 to Santa Rosa immediately. It is recommended to head toward Finley Community Center or Sonoma County Fairgrounds, which are current evacuation centers.
- All residents between Calistoga Road and Adobe Canyon Road, and to the north and south of Highway 12. Evacuate your homes immediately. This includes:
- Mountain Hawk
- Adobe Canyon
- Most of Rincon Valley
- Annadel Heights area, bordered north by Parktrail Drive and west by Summerfield Road
- Montecito Heights neighborhood
- Cross Creek Road
- Sky Farm Neighborhood
- Saint Andrews Drive
- All residences north of Fountaingrove Parkway
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital
- Sutter Hospital
- Sky Farm Drive
- Saint Andrews Drive
- Hopper Avenue - Area west of Coffey Lane between Dennis Lane and Hopper Avenue to the north and south and Coffey Lane and Barnes Road to the east and west
Santa Rosa - Advisory Evacuations
- Mendocino Ave. at Lomitas Ave. spanning south and east from Franklin Ave. (at Chanate) east to the city limits including Los Alamos Rd., Melita Rd., and Montana Rd. Then, from Chanate Rd. south to 4th Street/Highway 12.
- Areas east of Fulton Road, from Francisco Avenue to Guerneville Road, to Highway 101; areas east of Highway 101, from Steel Lane/Chanate Road, to Calistoga Road, with exceptions of streets leading up to Fountaingrove area where fire damage exists.
- Rincon Valley Area - Highway 12 North of Franklin Drive to fire perimeter.
Sonoma and Sonoma Valley - Mandatory EvacuationsEvacuation Routes for Sonoma and Sonoma Valley
- Highway 37 – Eastbound to Vallejo
- Highway 37 – Westbound to Novato
- Stage Gulch Road – Westbound to Petaluma
- 7th Street East from East Napa Street to Denmark Street
- North side of Denmark Street from 7th Street East to Napa Road
- 8th Street East north of Denmark Street
- East MacArthur Street east of 7th Street East
- Quail Run Way
- Hamblin Road
- Eastern Sonoma Valley - Castle Road north of Lovall Valley Road, and 7th Street North
- Gehricke Road
- Mission Highland
- Norrbom Road
- North of East Napa Street - from 4th Street East to end of E. Napa Street
Sonoma and Sonoma Valley - Advisory Evacuations
- East side of 7th Street East between East Napa Street and East McArthur Street
Windsor - Advisory Evacuations
- Chalk Hill at Pleasant
- North Side of Pleasant Avenue to Old Redwood Highway
- North along City Boundary to Arata Lane
- North Side Arata Lane to Highway 101
- Highway 101 to the Russian River
- East along the Russian River from Maacam Creek to Chalk Hill Road
Windsor - Mandatory Evacuations
- Shiloh Ranch Estates
– Sonoma County
Mandatory Evacuations:Atlas Peak Rd (from Westgate); Monticello Rd from Atlas Peak Road to SR 128 – including the Circle Oaks community; Soda Canyon Rd; Wild Horse Valley Rd starting at Green Valley Road; Sage Canyon between Silverado Trail and Turtle Rock; SR 128 Capell Valley; Berryessa Highlands; SR 128 to Putah Creek; SR 128 to Monticello Dam; Steele Canyon to Putah Creek; Gordon Valley; Wooden Valley Rd.
Advisory Evacuations*:areas east of Silverado Trail (from Trancas Street to Soscol Avenue), east of Soscol Avenue (between Silverado Trail and Imola Avenue), East of HWY 221 (from Imola Avenue to SR 29), east of SR 29 (from HWY 221 to Jameson Canyon Road), north of Jameson Canyon Road to the Napa/Solano County line.
Evacuation Centers: Napa Valley College Gym; Wooden Valley Rd and Monticello/Circle Oaks are being evacuated to Solano Community College Library parking lot.
Mandatory Evacuation: All areas in the City of Calistoga and unincorporated areas north of Dunaweal Ln.
Evacuation Center: American Canyon High School
Nuns (Also including Partrick/Carneros info)
Mandatory Evacuation: Mount Veeder Rd; Dry Creek Rd (Oakville Grade to Orchard Ave); 1700 block of Partrick Road; Redwood Road (west of Browns Valley Rd);
Advisory Evacuations*:areas West of SR 29, between Oakville Grade and Rutherford Road
Evacuation Center: Napa Valley College Gym and Crosswalk Community Center
– Napa County
Evacuation orders: West Road North of Laughlin Way, East Rd North of Held Road. Eel River Rd North of the Stroh Ranch. Shale Lane north of Potter Valley Road. Pine Mountain subdivision; Ridgewood Rd leading into the Pine Mountain subdivision from Eastside Rd to the south to Bear Canyon Rd. Bear Canyon Rd to Tomki Rd. All feeder roads to the north and south of Ridgewood Rd (Pine Mountain subdivision) and Bear Canyon Road; Canyon Rd to Eastside Rd south to Pine Mountain Rd; Van Arsdale area north of Eel River; Cave Creek subdivision including scenic Appaloosa and including all feeder roads; Van Arsdale road south of the Eel River.
Redwood Valley community south of the following:
-West Road south of and including Laughlin Way
-Road I to Colony Drive (including Madrone Lane)
-West of Ricetti Lane at entrance to Black Bart Trail
-East Hill Rd @ HWY 101 bypass to the east to East Side Rd
-Ridgewood Rd south to Howard Forest
Potter Valley in the following areas:
-Eel River Rd south of the Stroh Ranch
-Hawn Creek Rd
-Westside Potter Valley Rd
-Potter Valley Rd from HWY 20 to Main St (excluding Shale Ln)
-Remainder of Potter Valley west of the Lake County Line
-Redwood Ave including Redwood Valley Rancheria.
-Laughlin Way south of Bakers Creek
-East Road south of Held Road
-East of US-101
-North of Highway 20
-West of the intersection of East Hill Rd
-Gibson Ln east of Hawn Creek Rd
-Main St east of Hawn Creek
-Spring Valley Rd
Residents returning to the fire area should exercise extreme caution. Fire, Law Enforcement, and utility crews continue to work in the area, as there are many downed trees and other hazards. As these areas remain under an EVACUATION WARNING, residents should be prepared to evacuate again on short notice.
– Mendocino County
All evacuations have been lifted.
- Cook Middle School at 2480 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa (medical support available)
- Elsie Allen High School, 599 Bellevue Avenue, Santa Rosa (medical support available)
- Analy High School Gym at 6950 Analy Avenue, Sebastopol (medical support available; at capacity)
- Finley Community Center at 2060 West College Avenue, Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Veterans Building at 1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds, Grace and Finley Pavilions, 1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa (near capacity; accepts large animals)
- Hotel Petaluma: Email first to inquire, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calvary Chapel, 1955 S. McDowell Blvd., Petaluma
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair, 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale (also accepts large animals)
- Healdsburg Community Center, 1557 Healdsburg Ave., Healdsburg
- Monte Rio School, 20700 Foothill Drive, Monte Rio
- Casa Grande High School, 3333 Casa Grande Road, Petaluma
- Cavanaugh Youth Center at 426 Eighth St., Petaluma (full)
- Church of Christ, 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
- First Presbyterian Center at 939 B St., Petaluma
- New Life Church at 1310 Clegg St., Petaluma
- Petaluma Church of Christ, 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
- Petaluma Community Center, 320 North McDowell Blvd., Petaluma
- Petaluma Veteran’s Memorial Building, 1094 Petaluma Blvd. S, Petaluma (full)
- Sonoma Marin Fairgrounds, 175 Fairgrounds Drive, Petaluma (also accepts large animals)
- Burton Recreation Center, 5401 Snyder Lane, Rohnert Park
- Sally Tomatoes, 1100 Valley House Drive, Rohnert Park
- St. Eugene’s Cathedral School/Gym, 300 Farmers Lane, Santa Rosa
- The Bridge Church, 301 Fulton, Santa Rosa
- Hessel Church, 5060 Hessel Ave., Sebastopol
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 500 Robinson Rd, Sebastopol
- Sonoma Valley High School, 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
- Windsor High School, 8695 Windsor Road, Windsor
- All Santa Rosa City Schools will be closed until Oct. 16
- Santa Rosa Junior College will be closed until Oct. 16
- Sonoma State University closed until Oct. 16
Sonoma County health clinics
- Brookwood Health Center, 983 Sonoma Ave., Santa Rosa
- Roseland Pediatrics, 711 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa
- Southwest Community Health Center (has pharmacy), 751 Lombardi Court, Ste. B, Santa Rosa
- Petaluma Health Center (has pharmacy), 1179 N. Mcdowell Blvd., Petaluma
- Petaluma Health Center – Rohnert, 5900 State Farm Drive, Second Floor, Rohnert Park
- Kaiser Rohnert Park Campus, 5900 State Farm Drive, Rohnert Park
- Sebastopol Community Health Center, 6800 Palm Ave., Sebastopol
- Gravenstein Community Health Center 652 Petaluma Ave., Suite H, Sebastopol
- Russian River Health Center, 16319 Third St., Guerneville
- Occidental Health Center, 3802 Main St., Occidental
- Mystic Theatre/McNears: Thursday dinner: 5-8 p.m. Friday: Breakfast 9-11 a.m., lunch 12-2 p.m. Boxed lunches, no dinner (unless show at Mystic gets canceled). All meals being served in Mystic theater. Volunteers on-site that can deliver or make meals to go. Contact them directly at 707-765-2121.
- Hana’s Japanese Restaurant, 101 Golf Course Drive, Rohnert Park, is offering full meals for 250+ people a day until the tragedy ends.
- McGuires, 145 Kentucky St., Petaluma, is offering free food.
- Don Pancho’s Mexican Food, 285 N. McDowell Blvd., Petaluma, is offering meals to those who have lost a home as well as those who have taken them in. Call 707-775-2474 to let them know the number people and if there are any allergies.
- Lagunitas Brewing Co., 1280 N. McDowell Blvd., Petaluma: Free water, bring your own container from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. for the foreseeable future.
- Verizon: Through Thursday, Verizon is giving postpaid customers talk, text and data relief while prepaid customers receive an extra 3 GB for talk, text and data.
- Comcast: Free internet/Comcast/Xfinity as restrictions have been removed. Opened Wi-Fi hotspots for all to use through Friday; log in as “Guest.”
- Area locations of Copperfield’s Books are offering free Wi-Fi, allows dogs, water, stickers and crayons for children
- Mystic Theatre/McNears/The Roaring Donkey has been offering laptops for fire victims to use if they need to get a hold of their financial institutions or family. Ask for Sierra Bradley.
- Roaring Donkey, 146 Kentucky St., Petaluma, has laptops set up and Wi-Fi and chargers for people, as needed.
Note: If you were around the Tubbs Fire, the Santa Rosa Fire Department advises that you can mark yourself safe at Red Cross’ SafeandWell.communityos.org and facebook.com/crisisresponse/the-tubbs-fire-oct09-2017. If someone you know is missing, call the Sonoma County Fire and Emergency Services Department at 707-565-3856.
Here are other closures, evacuations centers and resources for Northern California fires, with help from ABC7:
- California State Parks has opened some campsites to those who are displaced by the fires. They are at Sonoma Coast State Park –Bodega Dunes and Wrights Beach – and Salt Point State Park – Woodside. They have basic amenities including showers, bathrooms, drinking water and trash bins, but do not have the full services or aid offered at official evacuation centers.
- Cal Expo, 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento is open as an evacuation shelter.
- New Life Church, 1370 S. Novato Blvd., Novato, is opening a new an evacuation center. 100 beds were available as of 3:20 p.m. See needs here.
- The Dixon May Fairgrounds, 655 S. First St, Dixon, has been opened as a shelter.
- Hopland Sho-Ka-Wah Casino, 13101 Nokomis Road, Hopland
- Alex Rorabaugh Center, 1640 S. State St., Ukiah
- Anthem Church, 50 Los Ranchiros Road, San Rafael, 415-968-8358: 40 beds available as of 5 p.m. Thursday
- Grace Evangelical Free Church, 6716 Live Oak Drive, Kelseyville
- Twin Pine, 22223 CA-29, Middletown
- Seventh Day Adventist Church, 1111 Park Way, Lakeport
- American Canyon High School, 3000 Newell Drive, American Canyon
- Terra Linda High School, 320 Albion Way, San Rafael, has been reopened for evacuees without pets or medical needs.
- Crosswalk Community Church in Napa
- Elks Lodge, 1200 Hastings Road, Ukiah (will be serving breakfast)
- Napa County Fairgrounds in Calistoga on Oak Street
- Napa Valley Junior College on SR-221 south of Imola Avenue
- Solano Community College on Suisan Valley Road in Fairfield
- Marin Center, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael. (small pets welcome, space limited)
- Ukiah High School, 1000 Low Gap Roadd, Ukiah
- Willits City Hall, 111 E. Commercial St., Willits
- Prestwood Elementary School, East MacArthur Street, Sonoma
- Novato United Methodist Church, 1473 S. Novato Blvd., Novato
- Lighthouse Christian Church, 1915 Novato Blvd., Novato (20 beds left as of 3:20 p.m. Thursday)
- Quest Church,1461 S. Novato Blvd., Novato
- Coastside Baptist Church, 555 Seymour St., Half Moon Bay: As of 3:20 p.m. Thursday there were 10-20 beds left (20 beds max capacity)
- The Marin Church of the Nazarene, 5400 Nave Drive, Novato.
- Napa County Animal Shelter, 942 Hartle Court, Napa, will shelter dogs, cats, rabbits and other household animals.
- Large animals can be taken to the Sonoma County Fairgrounds at 1350 Bennett Valley Road. Access the Fairgrounds via Gate 7 on Aston Avenue and Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds at 175 Fairgrounds Drive in Petaluma.
- Sonoma Valley High School FFA is also reportedly taking in large animals, 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
- Large animals can be taken to the Ukiah Fairgrounds.
- If you have already evacuated to Marin County, Marin Humane can offer emergency board for animals, if needed. Call 415-250-7009.
- Vallejo County Fairgrounds, 900 Fairgrounds Drive, Vallejo, is hosting large animals.
- Petaluma Animal Shelter, 840 Hopper St., Petaluma, is offering a Snuggle Shuttle at Petaluma Community Center at Luchessi Park, 707-778-7387, along with pet food, water, boarding, and lost and found pet information.
- Napa FFA at Vintage High School Farm, 1185 Sierra Ave., Napa, is taking livestock in Napa County. They will also pick up animals. Students are working around the clock caring for animals.
- Mendocino County Animal Shelter, 298 Plant Road, Ukiah
- Unleashed Dog Training, 301 Second St., Petaluma, for boarding and if you need a place to hang. Call 707-763-9882.
- Blue Ribbon Pets, 76 Mazzoni St., Ukiah
School closure updates
- Vallejo City Unified School District through Friday
- Alexander Valley Union Elementary School closed through Friday
- Bellevue Union School District closed through Friday
- Calistoga schools closed through Friday
- Cinnabar School District closed through Friday
- Cloverdale School District closed through Friday
- Cotati Rohnert Park School District closed through Friday
- Dunham School District closed through Friday
- Forestville School District closed through Friday
- Geyserville School District closed through Friday
- Gravenstein School District closed through Sunday
- Guerneville School District closed through Friday
- Healdsburg School District closed through Friday, October 13
- Howell Mountain Elementary School District closed through Friday
- Kenwood School District closed through Friday
- Liberty School District closed through Friday
- Mark West School District closed through Friday
- Napa Valley College closed through Friday
- Napa Valley Unified schools closed through Friday
- Oak Grove School District closed through Friday
- Old Adobe School District closed through Friday
- Petaluma City School District closed through Friday
- Piner Olivet School District closed through Friday
- Pope Valley Union Elementary School District closed through Friday
- Rincon Valley School District closed through Friday
- Roseland School District closed through Friday
- Sebastopol Union School District closed through Friday
- Sonoma Valley Unified schools closed through Friday
- St. Helena Unified closed through Friday
- The Reach School closed through Friday
- Twin Hills Union School District closed through Friday
- Two Rock Union School District closed through Friday
- Waugh School District closed through Friday
- West Side School District closed through Friday
- West Sonoma County Union High School District closed through Friday
- Wilmar/Wilson School District closed through Friday
- Windsor School District closed through Friday
- Wright School District closed through Friday
Check back for updates throughout the day.