Almost 190 people died in 175 car accidents in the Sacramento region during 2013, a slight increase from the prior year, according to new figures from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Of those killed:
- Thirty-two were age 65 or older. Thirty-six were 21 or younger.
- Forty-one died in crashes where police determined alcohol was a factor.
- Fifteen were cyclists. Forty-six were pedestrians.
- Forty-five were women; 143 were men.
- Seventy died on a Saturday or Sunday.
This map shows every fatal car accident in Sacramento last year. Click a marker for more details.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
2013 fatal Sacramento car accidents:
Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration