The 2017 Thanksgiving Decorating contest illustration will be published in The Bee on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
1. General Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest void where prohibited. Contest open to California residents. All entries must be received by Monday, 5 p.m. on Nov. 27, 2017. Not open to McClatchy employees or immediate families of its respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents. The winning prizes are non- transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses associated with the contest, unless otherwise indicated.
By entering, contestants and their parents/legal guardians agree to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify The Sacramento Bee and its respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either entrant's participation; or the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
Anticipated number of contestants is unknown as it is dependent on the number of entries received.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
2. Submission Requirements: Individuals or families may enter by coloring or decorating the Thanksgiving poster that runs in The Sacramento Bee on Nov. 12, 2017. Free copies of the turkey outline will be available at The Bee's front counter during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) from Nov. 13 through Nov. 26 (while supplies last). Decorated entries must be dropped off at The Bee's front counter (2100 Q Street, Sacramento, CA, 95816) or sent to The Sacramento Bee, Attention: Thanksgiving Decorating Contest, Marketing Department, PO Box 15779, Sacramento, California, 95852. All entries will be accepted during the entry period only - Nov. 13 through 5 p.m. Nov. 27. Entries must be submitted upon original forms. The entry must contain entrants name(s), complete mailing and email address and telephone number. Parental/guardian consent must also be indicated by signature. The Sacramento Bee will not knowingly disclose personal information about contestants without prior parental or legal guardian consent, except as required by law. Entries will not be returned or acknowledged, and upon submission become property of The Sacramento Bee. Entries may be posted on our Web site and/or used for promotional purposes. All contestants submitting an entry (and their parents/legal guardians) hereby agree and consent, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of their name and/or likeness and their entry in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by The Sacramento Bee and its respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, except where prohibited by law.
The Sacramento Bee will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries for any reason. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by The Sacramento Bee in its sole discretion, and The Sacramento Bee reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
3. Judging of Submissions: A contest selection committee comprised of staff from The Sacramento Bee will review entries received during the entry period. Received entries will be judged for creativity, aesthetic appearance and spirit of their display. At the conclusion of the entry period, the contest selection committee will select 5 winners. The winners will be awarded gift cards. The Sacramento Bee reserves the right to reject any entry determined in its sole discretion not to be appropriate for viewing by the general public. Contestants represents and warrants that he or she has full ownership rights to the entry submitted to The Sacramento Bee and that publishing of that entry shall not be in viola- tion of any trademark, copyright, proprietary or other right of any person, firm or corporation.
4. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to winners or winner's parent/legal guardian. No substitution, cash equivalent or trans- fer of prizes permitted except at The Sacramento Bee's option for prizes of comparable or greater value.
5. Prize Acceptance: All federal state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Prizes must be retrieved by January 31, 2018 or will be forfeited.
6. Contest Cancellation: The Sacramento Bee reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest.
7. Limitations of Liability: By entering the contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8. General Release: By entering the Contest, contestants and their parents/legal guardians release The Sacramento Bee and its parent company and respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
9. Winners List: To obtain a winners list after November 27, 2017, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Thanksgiving Decorating Contest - Prize Winners List, Marketing Department, The Sacramento Bee, PO Box 15779, Sacramento, CA 95852. Winners will be announced in The Bee and on The Sacramento Bee's Facebook page on Wed., Dec. 6, 2017.
10. Inquiries: Any questions should be directed to: Customer Service, The Sacramento Bee, 2100 Q Street, Sacramento, CA 95816, 800-284-3233.