• Even though Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston won’t be charged, will Heisman Trophy voters consider the sexual assault allegations when they cast their ballots?
• Florida State Attorney Willie Meggs held a news conference to make the announcement, but who didn’t find it inappropriate for Meggs and others to make jokes, given the seriousness of the accusations?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
• Chris Petersen finally has been lured from Boise Statebut can he continue his success with Washington at the higher level of the Pacific 12 Conference?
• If Florida State loses to Duke, Ohio State loses to Michigan State and Auburn beats Missouri in today, will Auburn and Alabama play for the BCS championship?
• When Stanford beats Arizona State today to earn a spot in the Rose , will that make up for disappointing losses to Utah and USC that derailed the Cardinal’s BCS title hopes?
• If Kings guard Isaiah Thomas continues to average 17-plus points , how much will he command as a free agent, and will the Kings pay the going rate of perhaps $6 million or more per season?
• Plenty of folks seemed upset by Kings center DeMarcus Cousins’ comment about sitting out the rest of the season and getting a comeback commercial, but shouldn’t people lighten up and realize it was a joke and not a criticism of Bulls guard Derrick Rose?
• When MLS Commissioner Don Garber talked about expansion Tuesday, Sacramento wasn’t mentioned, so why is Republic FC president Warren Smith so confident he can bring a team here by 2016?
• We don’t fault Smith for saying 2016 is possible for an MLS team, but isn’t 2017 or 2018 more realistic? That would allow his USL Pro team more time to prove that Sacramento is a viable market?
• With the cost of an MLS expansion franchise expected to be as high as $100 million, wouldn’t it make more sense to pursue an existing franchise, such as Chivas USA, which averaged just 8,366 in attendance this season – more than 10,000 below the league average and 35,000 below Seattle?
– Tom Couzens
Even though no charges will be filed against Florda State quarterback Jameis Winston, should Heisman Trophy voters consider the allegations against him?
• No, the trophy should be based on his football performance
• Yes, the allegations taint his character.
To vote, go to
As a Kings fan, would you consider cheering briefly in appreciation of great players?
• No, never. They’re still the enemy: 18%
• Yes, it’s a classy move ... then boo them: 82%
Total votes: 166