Five lessons from last week:
• Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston’s priority should be standing on the field calling signals, not standing on a table shouting vulgarities.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
• The Royal and Ancient Golf Club is a little less ancient.
• The River Cats aren’t afraid to take a Giant gamble.
• Urgency to the NFL and Roger Goodell has a different meaning than it does to most people – and any dictionary.
• The 49ers are (second) half bad.