The Bee highlights 22 golfers that are scheduled to play in the 2015 U.S. Senior Open at Del Paso Country Club on June 25-28 in Sacramento.
Olin Browne is looking to regain form from earlier in the season, when he placed in the top 10 in four of the first six tournaments – plus one 11th-place finish – capped by a victory in the rain-shortened Greater Gwinnett Championship in April.
Browne’s only other Champions Tour victory was the 2011 U.S. Senior Open Championship in which he beat Mark O’Meara by three strokes at the Inverness Club.
WATCH: Browne’s ace in the 2011 Allianz Championship
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
(Video courtesy pgatour.com)
- Driving distance 2015: 261.4 yards (65th on Champions Tour)
- Scoring average 2015: 70.61 (10th)
- Career Champions Tour earnings: $4,961,059
- Career highlights: Won twice on the Champions Tour and three times on the PGA Tour.
Note: Stats through June 10
- Height: 5-foot-9
- Weight: 175 pounds
- Year turned pro: 1984
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C.
- Birth date: 5/22/1959
- College: Occidental
- Did you know? Browne did not start golfing until he was 19, when he fell in love with the game while attending college in Los Angeles, according to pgatour.com.