The Bee highlights 22 golfers that are scheduled to play in the 2015 U.S. Senior Open at Del Paso Country Club on June 25-28 in Sacramento.
Michael Allen is looking for his first Champions Tour win of the season, after winning twice in each of the past three seasons.
Allen started May strong, tying for fourth in the Insperity Invitational and followed that up with a solid performance at the Regions Tradition, finishing tied for fifth for his sixth consecutive top-10 finish in the event. His tie for 10th at the Principal Charity Classic on June 7 gave him his fifth top-10 finish of the season – his top showing at the Allianz Championship in February, tying for third for the best performance by a defending champion in event history.
WATCH: Allen’s bogey-free, winning round at AT&T Championship
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
(Video courtesy pgatour.com)
- Driving distance 2015: 275.2 yards (22nd on Champions Tour)
- Scoring average 2015: 70.26 (sixth)
- Champions Tour career earnings: $7,812,882
- Career highlights: Has seven Champions Tour victories, including one major (2009 Senior PGA Championship).
Note: Stats through June 10
- Height: 6-foot
- Weight: 195 pounds
- Year turned pro: 1984
- Birthplace: San Mateo
- Birth date: 01/31/1959
- College: Nevada
- Did you know? Allen is a bit of a journeyman. At 14, he hiked the 210-mile Pacific Crest Trail from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite National Park, which took him and a friend three weeks to complete, according to pgatour.com. He planned to be a stock broker before seeking a golf career, and took a break from golf in 1996 to venture into the business world.