The Bee highlights 22 golfers that are scheduled to play in the 2015 U.S. Senior Open at Del Paso Country Club on June 25-28 in Sacramento.
Tom Lehman enters the U.S. Senior Open seeking his fourth Champions Tour major championship. He was the PGA Player of the Year in 1996, the year he won The Open Championship for his only major on that tour.
He’s currently eighth in the Charles Schwab Cup rankings, the season-long points race on the Champions Tour.
WATCH: At Pebble Beach, bird is the word
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
(Video courtesy pgatour.com)
- Driving distance 2015: 271.6 yards (37th on Champions Tour)
- Scoring average 2015: 70.26 (sixth)
- Career Champions Tour earnings: $8,347,065
- Career highlights: Lehman has eight victories on the senior circuit, including back-to-back titles in a major, the Regions Tradition (2011-12).
Note: Stats through June 10
- Height: 6-foot-2
- Weight: 215 pounds
- Year turned pro: 1982
- Birthplace: Austin, Minn.
- Birth date: March 7, 1959
- College: Minnesota
- Did you know? Lehman was the winner of the 2001 Charles Bartlett Award, given by the Golf Writers Association of America for unselfish contributions to golf. He has raised several million dollars through his charity tournament in Minneapolis.