Republic FC 1, OKC Energy 0
• Highlights: Republic FC’s Rodrigo Lopez scored on a penalty kick in the 49th minute as Sacramento (17-6-4, 55 points) secured second place in USL Pro, earned a second-round home playoff berth and extended its unbeaten streak to 10 matches. Lopez’s penalty kick, the first of the season for Republic FC, was his 11th goal, 10th in USL Pro play.
• Back at you: OKC Energy is the only USL Pro team to beat Republic FC twice, both 2-0 in Oklahoma City early in the season. But with Thursday’s loss, OKC Energy (8-14-5, 29 points) was eliminated from playoff contention.
• Saves of match: In the 39th minute, a deflection fell at the feet of OKC Energy’s Nate Polak in front of the goal, but Republic FC goalie Jake Gleeson dived and blocked the attempt. Gleeson dived far to his right to flick away another shot in the 63rd minute.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
• Popular figure: New Republic FC majority owner Kevin Nagle made the rounds at Bonney Field with team president Warren Smith. The El Dorado Hills resident met with the media before the match.
• Next up: Los Angeles Galaxy II at Republic FC, 8 p.m. Saturday at Bonney Field (regular-season finale).