Kings vs. Clippers
- Where: Staples Center, Los Angeles
- When: Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
- TV/radio: CSNCA, 950, 1140
- Records: Kings 16-23, Clippers 26-13
- 1. Swing first: The Kings are at their best when they play aggressive defense and that mindset carries over to offense. Chris Paul is a wizard at setting up teammates, but the Kings must make him work hard to initiate the Clippers’ offense.
- 2. Streaking: The Clippers have won 10 in a row, but DeMarcus Cousins has had some monster games lately. He’s averaging 32.9 points, 13.4 rebounds and 2.0 steals this month. Cousins must stay aggressive to continue his high level of play.
- 3. Guard help: This would be a good night for the Kings to get production from their shooting guards on both ends of the floor. Clippers shooting guard J.J. Redick can’t be allowed to get going on offense and not have to worry about defending Ben McLemore or Marco Belinelli.
Luc Mbah a Moute
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee