Kings vs. Pelicans
- Where: Smoothie King Center
- When: Thursday, 5 p.m.
- TV/radio: CSNCA, 950, 1140
- Records: Kings 20-25, Pelicans 16-28
- 1. Watch the arc: Sacramento had trouble defending the perimeter against the Pelicans in their game on Jan. 13. Eric Gordon made six three-pointers and scored 24 points, but he’s out because of a broken finger. The Kings still must keep tabs on Ryan Anderson, who averages 17 points.
- 2. Be the aggressor: If the Pelicans’ top player, Anthony Davis (doubtful with concussion) misses the game, the Kings must try to take over early and stop New Orleans’ other players from becoming too confident.
- 3. Second scorer: With forward Rudy Gay out because of an eye injury, the Kings need someone to help DeMarcus Cousins on offense. If others get going, Rajon Rondo will find them.