Kings vs. Pelicans
- Where: Smoothie King Center
- When: Thursday, 5 p.m.
- TV/radio: CSNCA, 950, 1140
- Records: Kings 20-25, Pelicans 16-28
- 1. Watch the arc: Sacramento had trouble defending the perimeter against the Pelicans in their game on Jan. 13. Eric Gordon made six three-pointers and scored 24 points, but he’s out because of a broken finger. The Kings still must keep tabs on Ryan Anderson, who averages 17 points.
- 2. Be the aggressor: If the Pelicans’ top player, Anthony Davis (doubtful with concussion) misses the game, the Kings must try to take over early and stop New Orleans’ other players from becoming too confident.
- 3. Second scorer: With forward Rudy Gay out because of an eye injury, the Kings need someone to help DeMarcus Cousins on offense. If others get going, Rajon Rondo will find them.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.