- Opponent: at Baltimore Ravens
- Time: 10 a.m.
- Line: Ravens by 3 1/2
- Records: Raiders 2-1; Ravens 3-0
- TV/radio: Ch. 13 (Andrew Catalon, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein), 1140
Three things to watch
RUN, RAIDERS, RUN
Despite having one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL, Derek Carr, the Raiders have had success running the ball and should attempt to keep the Ravens’ defense close to the line of scrimmage. Behind Latavius Murray (153 yards, 4.8 average); Jalen Richard (129 yards, 8.6 average) and DeAndre Washington (117 yards, 6.5 average), the Raiders rank second in the league with 148.3 rushing yards per game. The Ravens have held opponents to 86 rushing yards per game, but Oakland must establish its ground game early.
SHUT DOWN THE OLD MAN
At 37 years old, the Ravens’ Steve Smith Sr. is one of the oldest players in the NFL – if not the league’s oldest wide receiver. But that didn’t stop him from having a great performance last year against the Raiders at Coliseum with 10 receptions for 150 yards. It’ll be up to Raiders cornerbacks David Amerson and Sean Smith to control Smith . The Raiders’ duo graded as the league’s highest-rated cornerbacks after last week’s game against the Titans.
THROW A RECEPTION PARTY
First there was Fred Biletnikoff and Cliff Branch. Then were was Tim Brown and Jerry Rice. Now the Raiders feature Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree, perhaps the best pass-catching combination in the AFC West, if not the league. Through three games, Crabtree has 19 catches for 220 yards (11.6 average) and Cooper 15 receptions for 270 yards (18.0 average). While Cooper is still looking for his first touchdown catch of the season, Baltimore’s secondary will keep a close eye on him. In 12 quarters this season, Carr has competed passes to 12 different players.
- Out: S Nate Allen, quadriceps; T Austin Howard, ankle; T Menelik Watson, calf.
- Questionable: C Rodney Hudson, knee; T Matt McCants, knee; RB Taiwan Jones, knee.
- Doubtful: CB Sheldon Price, thigh; T Ronnie Stanley, foot; RB Kenneth Dixon, knee.
- Questionable: LB Elvis Dumervil, foot; DT Timmy Jernigan, knee; John Urschel, shoulder; WR Devin Hester, thigh; T Alex Lewis, concussion.
at New Orleans
vs. San Diego
vs. Kansas City
at Tampa Bay
at Kansas City
at San Diego
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.