- Opponent: vs. San Diego Chargers
- Time: 1:25 p.m.
- Line: Raiders by 3 1/2
- Records: Raiders 3-1; Chargers 1-3
- TV/radio: Ch. 13 (Tom McCarthy, Adam Archuleta), 1140
Three things to watch
With Latavius Murray out with a sore toe, the Raiders may have to rely on two rookie running backs to carry the load against the Chargers. Fortunately, they have been up to the task this season. DeAndre Washington has rushed for 147 yards (6.4 average), while undrafted Jalen Richard has run for 144 yards (8.5 average).
Chargers rookie defensive end Joey Bosa is expected to make his NFL debut this week. The No. 3 pick overall in the draft missed training camp during a nasty holdout and then hurt a hamstring. “I haven’t taken one snap in the NFL, so I’m just looking to get one and then keep going with that,” he said. “Of course it’s a huge game, division rivals. They’re playing really well right now. I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time.”
While the Raiders’ top players – quarterback Derek Carr, wide receiver Michael Crabtree and lineback Khalil Mack – get most of the publicity, punter Marquette King is putting together a stellar season. King is averaging 50 yards a punt and has pinned opponents inside the 20 on nearly half his kicks (11 of 23). He’s coming off his best game, too, a 46.5-yard net average on eight punts last week.
Bee Sports staff, The Associated Press
- Out: S Nate Allen (quadriceps), RB Latavius Murray (toe), T Menelik Watson (calf)
- Questionable: T Austin Howard (ankle), RB Taiwan Jones (knee), T Matt McCants (knee), LB Malcolm Smith (quadriceps), TE Clive Walford (knee)
- Out: S Jahleel Addae (collarbone), LB Nick Dzubnar (knee), CB Brandon Flowers (concussion)
- Questionable: T Joe Barksdale (foot), T King Dunlap (illness), TE Antonio Gates (hamstring), CB Craig Mager (shoulder), LB Denzel Perryman (shoulder)
at New Orleans
vs. San Diego
vs. Kansas City
at Tampa Bay
at Kansas City
at San Diego