Five players the Raiders should consider
with the No. 5 pick in the draft
Offensive tackle, Auburn
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
• Height/weight: 6-foot-5, 332 pounds
• Comment: He is regarded as a potential All-Pro and cornerstone lineman, though he isn’t as polished as other top offensive tackle prospects.
Wide receiver, Texas A&M
• Height/weight: 6-5, 225
• Comment: Evans is much taller and heavier than Watkins, just not as fast and explosive; considered every bit as solid a prospect as Watkins.
Defensive end, South Carolina
• Height/weight: 6-5, 266
• Comment: He has a rare combination of size, speed, strength and playmaking ability; his name surfaces most often in conversations about who will go No. 1 overall.
Quarterback, Texas A&M
• Height/weight: 6-0, 207
• Comment: He lacks ideal height and size for a quarterback, in the eyes of some talent evaluators, but he proved durable, effective and dynamic in college; compared to NFL Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton.
Cornerback, Oklahoma State
• Height/weight: 6-0, 202
• Comment: He is fast, has decent size for a cornerback and is versatile. He is the consensus top cornerback in the draft and has the ability to be a team’s No. 1 cornerback and succeed in any coverage.
– Contra Costa Times