Here's a projected depth chart for when the 49ers play the Vikings in eight days. The only unsettled starting spot: cornerback. I took a stab there, but no one outside of the organization knows for sure. Yet. Some notes:
* The 49ers only can dress 46 players. Guesses as far as who doesn't dress in Week 1: DeAndrew White, Brandon Thomas, Nick Easton (because he'd only just have learned the system), Mike Purcell. And then three of the following: Keith Reaser (or Shareece Wright or one of the cornerbacks), Jimmie Ward or Corey Lemonier or Arik Armstead or Mike Davis or Jarryd Hayne. Does Hayne dress in Week 1? He seems to have a lot of value on special teams.
* The NFL still is reviewing Bruce Miller’s vandalism case. That is, there’s a chance he misses a game or more. In that scenario, look for an even more tight end-heavy offense than usual.
* As mentioned above, newcomer Nick Easton likely will be in uniform on game days because he can play center. How quickly the team can get him up to speed will determine how soon he suits up. Until then, Ian Silberman could be the emergency backup at guard and center.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Alex Boone appears to be the emergency backup at left tackle; Trent Brown the backup at right tackle.
* According to this item in the Philly Voice, the 49ers suddenly have the eighth youngest roster in the NFL with an average age of 25.83. Last year they had the 22nd youngest roster.
* Every one of the team’s draft picks made the initial roster as did two undrafted rookies, White and Easton.
* The 49ers kept 25 offensive players and 25 defensive players.
* This chart may have to be tinkered early this week; stay tuned.
QB: Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert
RB: Carlos Hyde, Reggie Bush, Mike Davis, Jarryd Hayne
FB: Bruce Miller
WR: Anquan Boldin, Bruce Ellington, Quinton Patton
TE: Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek, Blake Bell
LT: Joe Staley, Alex Boone
LG: Alex Boone, Brandon Thomas
C: Marcus Martin, Nick Easton
RG: Jordan Devey, Ian Silberman
RT: Erik Pears, Trent Brown
WR: Torrey Smith, DeAndrew White
LDE: Glenn Dorsey, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Arik Armstead
NT: Ian Williams, Mike Purcell
RDE: Quinton Dial, Tank Carradine
LOLB: Aaron Lynch, Corey Lemonier
ROLB: Ahmad Brooks, Eli Harold
MILB: NaVorro Bowman, Shayne Skov
JILB: Michael Wilhoite, Nick Bellore
LCB: Tramaine Brock, Dontae Johnson
RCB: Kenneth Acker, Shareece Wright, Keith Reaser
FS: Eric Reid, Jimmie Ward
SS: Antoine Bethea, Jaquiski Tartt, LJ McCray
K: Phil Dawson; P: Bradley Pinion; LS: Kyle Nelson