CARRITHERS DOUBLES HOME WINNER IN 10TH
• Highlight: Alden Carrithers doubled home Tyler Ladendorf with two outs in the 10th inning to give the River Cats a 2-1 win over the Tacoma Rainiers on Monday night at Raley Field.
• Stingy start: River Cats starter Zach Neal, who allowed five hits and no walks, faced the minimum 18 batters through six innings, and one over the minimum through eight innings.
• Zero LOB: The Rainiers had six hits and left zero runners on base. The Rainiers hit into two double plays, had two runners caught stealing and one runner picked off.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• On-base machine: Carrithers has reached base in all 19 games he’s played this season. Dating to last year with Gwinnett, he’s reached base in 30 of his last 31 games.
• Local connection: Despite singling and scoring the only run of the game for the Rainiers, former UC Davis infielder Ty Kelly, who hit .320 for Tacoma in 54 games last year, is off to a slow start, batting .200.
• Today: River Cats RHP Josh Lindblom (1-2, 7.23 ERA) vs. Tacoma Rainiers RHP Andrew Carraway (1-1, 5.28), 7:05 p.m., Raley Field.
– Mark McDermott,
Special to The Bee