▪ With Kings point guard Darren Collison expected to have surgery and miss the rest of the season, will coach George Karl push in the offseason to acquire Ty Lawson, his point guard in Denver?
▪ If the Kings acquire Lawson, which of the other point guards – Collison, Ray McCallum and Andre Miller – will be the odd man/men out?
▪ After Karl talked about center DeMarcus Cousins possibly taking more three-point shots, did you also pull your hair and scream?
▪ The Bulls’ Derrick Rose had his third knee surgery in three years; will he really be recovered enough to return during the regular season?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ After LeBron James and the Cavaliers whipped the Warriors on Thursday, are you wondering if Golden State has what it takes to win in the postseason?
▪ There’s been a lot of chatter about Warriors guard Stephen Curry being the MVP, so was James motivated to show that he’s still the best player in the NBA?
▪ With Sacramento State’s final three games on the road – at Portland State, at Southern Utah and at Northern Arizona – can the Hornets hold off Eastern Washington and Montana to win the Big Sky Conference?
▪ If Sac State and UC Davis both win their conference tournaments to make the NCAA Tournament, which will have the better chance to win an opening game?
▪ New Buffalo coach Rex Ryan altered his tattoo and wore a Thurman Thomas jersey to the NFL combine, so is anyone surprised that he’s now driving a pickup tricked out in Bills colors?
▪ Ryan’s tattoo showed his wife wearing a green jersey and now it shows a blue jersey, but what color are the llamas?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
College basketball, Syracuse at Duke, 4 p.m., ESPN: See why Mike Krzyzewski says freshman Jahlil Okafor, the likely No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, is “as good as anybody I’ve coached at Duke.”
What to do
Soccer, Republic FC vs. New York Cosmos, Hughes Stadium, 7 p.m.: If you have a ticket, you and the other 20,230 fans should have a blast at this sold-out friendly.
The Warriors’ Draymond Green, who said the defense against James in Thursday’s loss was “great”: “We don’t need to measure ourselves against anyone. We know how good we are.”
On this date
1960: The U.S. hockey team scores six goals in the third period to beat Czechoslovakia 9-4 for the gold medal in the Winter Olympics at Squaw Valley.
Breaking news alerts
Sign up for email alerts for breaking sports stories: www.sacbee.com/