This, that and the other thing:
• What many believed became official Sunday evening around the time Bruno Mars finally stopped sweating following his entertaining Super Bowl halftime show. The NFL’s real championship game really was played two weeks ago in Seattle, where the Seahawks beat the 49ers to win the NFC title and earn an all-expenses paid business trip to New York/New Jersey to whip the AFC champion Broncos.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
• Let’s hope the schedule makers do the right thing this offseason and kick off the 2014 regular season on a Thursday night at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, where the Seahawks will raise their first Super Bowl championship banner before playing the 49ers in a rematch everybody wants to see.
• That nationally televised 49ers-Seahawks rematch could debut the remake of Colin Kaepernick’s New Beats by Dre headphones commercial. But instead of Seahawks fans pelting the 49ers’ bus with rotten tomatoes and foul language, they could applaud and cheer wildly while throwing flowers toward the quarterback. After committing 10 turnovers in four games against the Seahawks, why wouldn’t Kaepernick be welcomed in Seattle?
• It’s too bad mixed martial arts referee Herb Dean wasn’t at MetLife Stadium on Sunday night. He could have called an early halt to the beatdown the Seahawks put on Denver, just as he did to save Sacramento’s Urijah Faber from a night-long pounding by Renan Barao in their UFC title bout Saturday night in Newark, N.J.
• Faber, a former World Extreme Cagefighting champion, has lost six consecutive title shots – his last three with the UFC. We’re sure he’ll try for lucky No. 7, but will the UFC give it to him?
Which is true about Seattle’s Super Bowl blowout victory?
• Seahawks were that good.
• Broncos were that bad.
Vote above, or go to sacbee.com/sports
What’s your favorite thing about watching the Super Bowl?
• The game: 57%
• The commercials: 20%
• The entertainment: 9%
• The parties: 14%
Total votes: 185