• It’s bad enough the 49ers lost 23-3 to the Ravens in their preseason opener, but did the NFL have to sell the “red zone” to Toyota in such an obnoxious way?
• With this new intrusion on our senses, how long will it be before NFL fields look like Sprint Cup cars?
• Third baseman Pablo Sandoval has finally caught fire, so should the Giants sign him to the lucrative long-term contract he desires?
• Many A’s fans were opposed to trading Yoenis Cespedes; have they changed their minds after Jon Lester’s complete-game shutout Thursday?
• When Thunder forward Kevin Durant withdrew from the men’s national team Thursday, did you wonder if Pacers forward Paul George’s injury was on his mind?
• With Durant’s departure leaving coach Mike Krzyzewski just 16 players, will Kings center DeMarcus Cousins’ chance to make the 12-man roster improve?
• When the Kings made that trade with the Knicks on Wednesday, did you say, “Oh, no, not Travis Outlaw and Quincy Acy?”
• The Raiders figure they have a solid quarterback in Matt Schaub, but how soon will fans begin chanting “Derek Carr” if they get off to another slow start?
• Speaking of quarterbacks, why do the Bengals think Andy Dalton is worth $96 million over six seasons?
• If the Kings’ ownership group financially backs the Republic FC, will it convince Major League Soccer to grant Sacramento an expansion franchise?
– Tom Couzens
What to do
Soccer, OKC Energy FC at Republic FC, Bonney Field, 8 p.m.: It figures that fans should be more enthusiastic after this week’s developments about MLS.
What’s the worst thing about preseason NFL football?
• Starters barely play.
• Stats don’t count in my fantasy league.
• “Toyota Red Zone”
• I don’t watch.
Vote above, or go to sacbee.com/sports
Who should be the next Hall of Fame inductee with Kings ties?
• Rick Adelman: 30%
• Vlade Divac: 20%
• Shaquille O’Neal: 19%
• Chris Webber: 31%
• Other: 1%
Total votes: 172