• When the 49ers play the Denver Broncos on Sunday in the NFL preseason debut of Levi’s Stadium, could it be a preview of Super Bowl XLIX?
• The 49ers signed quarterback Colin Kaepernick to a contract extension that could be worth up to $126 million, but will coach Jim Harbaugh open up the offense?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
• With the likely extended absences of linebackers NaVorro Bowman and Aldon Smith, will the 49ers be good enough to win the super-talented NFC West?
• Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning passed for 5,477 yards and 55 touchdowns in 2013, but does he have enough left at age 38 to lead Denver back to the Super Bowl?
• Kings center DeMarcus Cousins is expected to miss tonight’s exhibition against Brazil; will it hurt his chances to make the final Team USA roster for the FIBA World Cup?
• When Team USA is cut to 12 players before traveling to Spain, would anyone be surprised if Kings forward Rudy Gay makes the team and Cousins doesn’t?
• We’re impressed that Sim Bhullar is 7-foot-5 and 360 pounds, but does anyone think he has enough talent to make the Kings’ roster?
• After the Kansas City Royals won eight of 10 games against the Giants and A’s the past two weeks, why are so many baseball fans still talking about the Detroit Tigers?
• With LeBron James and Johnny Manziel dominating headlines this summer, has Cleveland really become the hotbed for sports?
• After Mo’Ne Davis, 13, became the first girl to pitch a shutout in the Little League World Series when Philadelphia beat Nashville on Friday, wasn’t it cool to see her trending on Twitter?
– Tom Couzens
How will the 49ers do this season?
• Win the Super Bowl
• Win the NFC title game
• Lose in the playoffs
• Fail to make the playoffs
To vote, go to sacbee.com/sports
As an NBA owner, would you allow your stars to compete for Team USA?
• Yes, it’s the patriotic thing to do: 67%
• No, the injury risks are too great: 33%
Total votes: 109
Breaking news alerts
Sign up for email alerts for breaking sports stories: www.sacbee.com/email