• After seeing the Ray Rice elevator video, were women really wearing his No. 27 jersey at the Ravens-Steelers game Thursday in Baltimore?
• If ESPN’s report is true that Rice told NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in June that he punched his wife in that elevator, why does Goodell still have his job?
• The NFL has film on every play from numerous angles, so how is it possible that it couldn’t obtain security footage from a hotel-casino, as Goodell claims?
• When Jon Stewart gave the NFL a one-finger salute on Wednesday night, did you nod your head in agreement?
• James Brown delivered a powerful pre-game statement Thursday about domestic violence, but shouldn’t every man already know that it’s never acceptable to hit a woman?
• When MLS officials visit the region Thursday and Friday to tour possible stadium sites, will the folks in Sacramento and Elk Grove present a unified plan?
• If Republic FC wins tonight and hosts a second-round USL Pro playoff match Sept. 20, will MLS officials extend their stay to check out the scene at Bonney Field?
• After losing 21 of 30 entering Friday’s game at Seattle, how is it possible the A’s are still in the hunt for a playoff spot?
• When Kings center DeMarcus Cousins looked like he might punch Lithuania’s Jonas Valanciunas after being elbowed in the throat in Thursday’s World Cup semifinal, was anyone surprised he was called for a technical foul?
• When the Kings play the Raptors in their first two preseason games, will Cousins and Valanciunas pick up where they left off?
– Tom Couzens
Should NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell resign or be fired?
• Yes, he’s either lying or he’s incompetent.
• No, he’s telling the truth and has handled it well.
• It won’t matter who is in charge.
To vote, go to sacbee.com/sports
How do you respond to the Ray Rice issue ?
• I’m forever an NFL junkie: 48%
• My NFL loyalty is wavering: 31%
• Bring me more prep, college sports: 21%
Total votes: 98