• The Kings are retiring Peja Stojakovic’s No. 16, so why not Reggie Theus’ 24 and Mike Bibby’s 10?
• After being caught on camera running at least 10 red lights in Florida in the past 30 months, is it any wonder the Houston Rockets don’t want Dwight Howard driving the lane?
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• LeBron James is always big news, but was his un-receding hairline really trending this week?
• With all of the off-the-field news about the NFL this week, why did Commissioner Roger Goodell disappear until Friday?
• When quarterback Colin Kaepernick was fined $11,025 for “inappropriate language” during the 49ers’ loss to the Chicago Bears, did you think, “NFL players talk that way?”
• If quarterback Kirk Cousins continues to play as well as he did in Washington’s 41-10 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars, will he still get benched when Robert Griffin III returns?
• After Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston was suspended for half of today’s game against Clemson for reciting a vulgar Internet meme, do you wonder when he’ll grow up?
• The A’s are in such a bad slump, will next week’s season-ending, four-game series in Texas even matter?
• If the Giants wind up as the top wild-card team, will they try to save Madison Bumgarner for the play-in game despite his 7-6 record at AT&T Park?
• Republic FC owners and area leaders courted MLS officials on Thursday and Friday, but was it enough to land an expansion franchise?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
Horse racing, Pennsylvania Derby, 6:30 p.m., CSNCA: California Chrome is the favorite in the Beeders’ Cup tuneup, but you’ll have to wait more than four hours to watch it on TV.
What other jersey numbers should be retired by the Kings?
• Mike Bibby, No. 10
• Reggie Theus, 24
Vote above, or go to sacbee.com/sports
Does Peja Stojakovic deserve to have his Kings jersey retired ?
• Yes: 45%
• No: 55%
Total votes: 235