▪ The Giants’ Madison Bumgarner was named MVP of the National League Championship Series, but what about Travis Ishikawa?
▪ Bumgarner pitched two superb games and had a 1.72 ERA against the Cardinals, but where would the Giants be without Ishikawa’s three-run triple in Game 3 and three-run homer in Game 5?
▪ Beyond Bumgarner and Ishikawa, what about Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval, who batted .400 and had a critical defensive stop in the Game 3 victory?
▪ And if the award was for Most Valuable Person, should Giants manager Bruce Bochy be the winner?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ During the postgame interview Thursday, should Buster Posey’s wife have taken issue with Erin Andrews for telling their 3-year-old son to “get it together?”
▪ If the surprising Giants can win another World Series, how about the Kings making the playoffs?
▪ The 49ers’ defense has allowed the second-fewest yards (287.2) and points (207.3); how good will they be when NaVorro Bowman and Aldon Smith return?
▪ When the Broncos’ Peyton Manning becomes the career leader in touchdown passes, will he be considered the greatest quarterback of all time?
▪ Both are undefeated and a win for either would be huge in their pursuit of college football’s first playoffs, but will any fans outside Tallahassee, Fla., root for the No. 2 Seminoles over No. 5 Notre Dame?
▪ With all the NASCAR fisticuffs last week, will Sunday’s restrictor plate race at Talladega Superspeedway unleash more of the same?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
College football, Notre Dame at Florida State, 5 p.m., Ch. 10: The winner takes a major step toward the playoffs.
Should the Giants re-sign Sergio Romo?
▪ Yes, he’s still a good relief pitcher: 71%
▪ No, he can’t get the big outs: 28%
Total votes: 281