▪ The Kings have given up leads of 24 points and 26 points in losses to the Mavericks and the Grizzlies, so is any lead safe enough?
▪ On the other hand, the Kings have opened those huge leads, so doesn’t that say something about their improvement?
▪ On that game-winning basket by the Grizzlies’ Courtney Lee, was that a legal screen set by Marc Gasol?
▪ With .3 seconds left and and Ryan Hollins defending the in-bounds pass, why weren’t the other four Kings players camped out under the basket?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ When you looked at the schedule before the season, did you think they would be 5-4 after nine games?
▪ The 49ers’ Michael Crabtree (40 catches) reportedly isn’t happy about not having the ball thrown to him more, so how does Vernon Davis (17 catches) feel?
▪ If the Raiders go 0-16, does quarterback Derek Carr have a shot at winning Rookie of the Year?
▪ If No. 1 and unbeaten Mississippi State loses to No. 4 Alabama today, will the Bulldogs have any chance of making the four-team college playoff?
▪ The Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw is the National League MVP and Cy Young Award winner, so how come he can’t win playoff games?
▪ When you heard the Maloofs reportedly are part of an ownership group trying to bring the NHL to Las Vegas, did you also shake your head?
What to watch
College football, Mississippi State at Alabama, 12:30 p.m., Ch. 13: The winner likely will be in the new four-team playoff.
What to do
High school football, Stagg-Stockton at Folsom, 7 p.m.: The undefeated Bulldogs, the top seed in the Sac-Joaquin Section Division I playoffs, begin their quest for a State Bowl title.
Which driver will win the 2014 Sprint Cup championship?
▪ Denny Hamlin: 1%
▪ Kevin Harvick: 33%
▪ Joey Logano: 7%
▪ Ryan Newman: 5%
▪ I don’t care: 50%
Total votes: 69