▪ If the Raiders beat the 49ers on Sunday in Oakland, will it make their fans forget about their awful season?
▪ The 49ers’ Colin Kaepernick has been considered among the top young quarterbacks in the NFL, but will the Raiders’ Derek Carr have a better career?
▪ The Raiders have averaged 14.6 points per game and have allowed nearly twice as many; would luring Jim Harbaugh as coach make much of a difference?
▪ Tony Romo had no touchdowns and two interceptions in a loss to the Eagles two weeks ago and three touchdown passes and no interceptions in Thursday’s victory over the Bears, so which Romo will show up for next week’s NFC East rematch in Philadelphia?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ Eleven NFL teams have eight or more victories; will we have one of the most wide-open playoff fields in recent memory?
▪ Entering Friday night’s game, three of the Kings’ four consecutive losses came without DeMarcus Cousins; what do those fans who thought the team should have kept Isaiah Thomas and parted with Cousins think now?
▪ The Warriors have won 11 games in a row and have the NBA’s best record, so is anyone still fretting about the decision to fire Mark Jackson and hire Steve Kerr?
▪ If Florida State barely beats Georgia Tech to win the Atlantic Coast Conference championship, should the undefeated but underwhelming Seminoles be in the national college playoff?
▪ Baylor beat TCU 61-58 in October, so why does the playoff committee have the Horned Frogs third and the Bears sixth?
▪ Folsom’s Jake Browning has thrown for 4,652 yards and 76 touchdowns this season; has there ever been a better prep quarterback in the Sacramento region?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
College football, Florida State vs. Georgia Tech
5 p.m., Ch. 10: After many close calls, can Jameis Winston and company win the ACC title to stay in the playoffs?
What to do
High school football, Folsom vs. Tracy, Hornets Stadium, 7 p.m.: Folsom is expected to win and earn a spot in a CIF State Bowl game in two weeks.
Breaking news alerts
Sign up for email alerts for breaking sports stories: www.sacbee.com/email