A guide for what you need to buy, read or consume to enhance your recreation and travel experience
“Hiker’s Guide to Mount Diablo State Park”
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
We wish all hiking books were as concise, yet thorough, as this guide to the trails of Mount Diablo put together by the Mount Diablo Interpretive Association. There are 50 hikes included, with maps, glossy color photos and step-by-step directions. We’ve been on Mount D a lot, but had never heard of the Pine Pond and Frog Pond 17-mile loop trail.
NeverLose Anti-Theft Device
If you tend to misplace things – Hey, where is that press release? – or if you’ve had your skis ripped off at the lodge, you might want to invest in an anti-theft device that affixes to your skis or snowboard and connects with a smartphone app that will find its location. It comes in two modes, “guard” or “search.” Heck, we might even affix it to our car keys.
“6 San Francisco Holiday Tours”
If you’re shopping in San Francisco this holiday season, the marketing whizzes in The City offer this tour list. More details are at the website.
1. Tower Tours: Holiday Evening Tour (bus through Cow Hollow, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts)
2. SOMA & Central Market Light Art Walking Tour (6 p.m. Dec. 10)
3. Dogpatch/Bayview Light Art Walking Tour (5:30 p.m. Dec. 18)
4. Holiday Lights Tour with Big Bus Tours (Dec. 21 through Jan. 3)
5. Victorian Home Walk Tour: Yuletide Tour in Pacific Heights
6. Classic Cable Car Holiday Nights & Sights Tour (begins at Fisherman’s Wharf)
Compiled by Sam McManisemail@example.com