A guide for what you need to buy, read or consume to enhance your recreation and travel experience
FlyeBaby Infant Airplane Seat
At first glance, it might look like a catapult that will send your infant skyward through the cabin. But, actually, the infant seat for your baby to use on airplanes features a five-point restraint harness to keep the bundle of joy firmly in front of you. Yes, in front. You attach the seat to the seat back, via the tray table, and extend it toward a harness around your waist. That way, baby is staring at you the entire flight and not drooling on the guy in the middle seat. Caveat: Not for use in turbulence, or takeoffs and landings.
What to Do with Used Toilet Paper on the Trail
Backpacker magazine gives several options for those out on multiday hikes who want to observe the “Leave No Trace” ethos but don’t thrill to the idea of lugging used toilet paper in a baggy for a week. A Virginia Tech ecologist did a study that showed that properly buried TP decomposes between 1 to 3 years. Another option put forth: Use leaves instead of toilet paper.
Lonely Planet’s Top 10 ‘Most Mindblowing Landscapes’
1. Yellowstone National Park, Wyo.
2. Aurora borealis, Kiruna, Sweden
3. Plateau de Valensole, Alpes de Haute-Provence, France
4. Strokkur geyser, Iceland
5. The Wave, Coyote Buttes, Arizona-Utah
6. Nideck waterfall, Alsace France
7. Nabiyotum volcano, Kenya
8. Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
9. Waterfall at Mýrdalsjökull glacier, Iceland
10. Rice terraces at Yuanyuang, Yúnnán, China
Compiled by Sam McManisfirstname.lastname@example.org