Got a cool $3.9 million to spend?
The Fab 40s brick house from "Lady Bird" that hit the market last week isn't the only luxury home available in the Sacramento area right now.
These five properties are listed for as much as or less than the "Lady Bird" house's asking price on Zillow. All are also larger than the 6,500-square-foot home and come full of desirable amenities.
Unlike the film's titular character, children raised in these homes can't claim to have grown up "on the wrong side of the tracks."
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
KEY DETAILS: Five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and two halves, 8,600 square feet, listed at $3.9 million
▪ Sold for $2.4 million after its creation in 2005, this gated community home has been on the market for more than six months despite amenities such as an outdoor kitchen, bocce court, private pond, theater and game room, wine cellar, fountains and a guest house. It has an eight-car garage as well as a detached garage for the resident's motor home.
KEY DETAILS: Five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and two halves, 6,805 square feet, listed at $3.5 million
▪ Though slightly larger than the "Lady Bird" house and in a ritzy Arden Arcade neighborhood, this house is $400,000 cheaper than the one seen in the movie. It comes with an outdoor kitchen and fireplace, pool, tennis court and four-car garage, and sold for $3.13 million in June 2016.
KEY DETAILS: Five bedrooms, five-and-a-half bathrooms, 7,400 square feet, listed at $3.39 million
▪ This three-story palace on Folsom Lake's northern shore comes with more than 2 acres of land as well as an infinity pool, theater, hookah lounge, hot tub, fire pit and outdoor kitchen. A decorative stone interior marks many of the 2010 home's 13 rooms.
KEY DETAILS: Five bedrooms, seven-and-a-half bathrooms, 8,893 square feet, listed at $3.8 million
▪ Last sold for $2.6 million in 2004, this 2.7-acre property includes seven fireplaces and a five-car garage as well an expansive backyard with a pool and fire pit inside a gated community.
KEY DETAILS: Six bedrooms, five full bathrooms and two halves, 11,202 square feet, listed at $3.85 million
▪ More than a house, more than a home, this 1885 Victorian is a registered California Historical Landmark first built for Yolo County ranchers Amos and Harvey Gable. Its distinctive curved staircase can be seen from the entryway, while stained glass and baroque woodwork wait inside. See more about the property here.
Benjy Egel: (916) 321-1052, @BenjyEgel