Warrant issued for man tied to Sacramento mom’s homicide, kids’ disappearance
Authorities have issued a homicide warrant for the man suspected of killing Angelica Bravo nearly a year ago and spiriting away the Sacramento mother’s two youngest children.
Camron Lee, 39, is wanted and still missing, as are the two children Lee took with him, Athena and Mateo Lee, believed taken to Southern California or Mexico.
“At this time, our detectives have secured a homicide arrest warrant for 39-year-old Camron Lee in connection to the murder of Angelica Bravo,” Sacramento Police Department officials said in a statement Wednesday posted to the Sacramento Valley Crime Stoppers website. “Our department continues to work to locate Angelica’s children, Athena, and Mateo Lee, and prioritize their safety and well-being.”
Lee had been listed as a “person of interest” in Bravo’s death.
Bravo was found dead July 8, 2024, at the North Sacramento home she once shared with Lee, her former boyfriend. For months, the cause of her death remained undetermined; the whereabouts of her two children unknown. Sacramento County medical examiners in January said they could not determine a cause after a death investigation and autopsy. But the medical examiners also said foul play could not be ruled out.
Bravo’s body had “multiple abrasions and contusions on her head, face, torso and extremities;” while toxicology findings showed the drug MDMA present in her system.
“Based on the autopsy findings, toxicology results and circumstances surrounding the death, homicidal violence cannot be fully excluded as a potential cause,” the Coroner’s Office concluded.
Bravo’s family said the 28-year-old was ending a violent relationship. Authorities say Lee’s vehicle was last seen crossing the U.S.-Mexico border. Authorities later confirmed that the car was later abandoned near Ensenada, Baja California, nearly 600 miles from Sacramento. Sacramento police at the time believed children Athena, 4, and Mateo, 3, may have been dropped off somewhere in Southern California.
Bravo’s grieving family were further frustrated by the California Highway Patrol’s decision not to issue an Amber Alert — the statewide alert activated by authorities to help find missing children — after Lee and the children disappeared.
The agency was planning to activate the missing persons’ alert when officials received word from U.S. Customs and Border Protection that Lee’s car had crossed the border into Mexico, CHP officials previously told The Bee. CHP officials said the agency can activate Amber Alerts in California, but it is “no longer an available option” once a suspected person enters another country.
Because Lee was believed to have ties to Southern California, the California Highway Patrol issued an Endangered Missing Advisory for the two children.
Sacramento police are asking anyone with information to call dispatchers at 916-808-5471 or Sacramento Valley Crime Stoppers at 916 443-4357. Callers can remain anonymous.
This story was originally published April 9, 2025 at 12:34 PM.