Local

Top Placer County leaders accuse each other of lying over homeless facility

Key Takeaways
Key Takeaways

AI-generated summary reviewed by our newsroom.

Read our AI Policy.


  • County leaders trade accusations over alleged lies tied to medical respite center.
  • The Gathering Inn proposed 105-bed facility. The city of Lincoln and a school district filed lawsuits
  • Lincoln’s Mayor Holly Andreatta and Supervisor Shanti Landon vie for the District 2 seat in 2026.

Two Placer County political leaders traded barbs over a stalled medical respite center for homeless people, the subject of a heated lawsuit.

Lincoln Mayor Holly Andreatta strode to a lectern at Tuesday’s Placer County Board of Supervisors meeting with one goal: to publicly speak her truth in front of witnesses, she said in an interview the following day. In the meeting’s public comment section, Andreatta accused Supervisor Shanti Landon of lying about Andreatta’s statements in relation to a medical respite center proposed for the city of Lincoln.

“Supervisor Landon, with all due respect, you’re on notice here,” Andreatta said during her public comment. “Run on your record, not on lies about me.”

Landon is running for re-election, and Andreatta also announced her campaign this year for the District 2 seat, which includes parts of Lincoln, Sheridan, and portions of West Roseville.

The accusation about lying revolves around plans to open a medical respite center at 1660 3rd St. for ill or injured homeless residents. The Gathering Inn, a Roseville-based nonprofit, released plans in August 2024. Hospitals refer patients to its facility, according to its website.

But Lincoln officials alleged the organization did not properly disclose its project to them. The city sued the Gathering Inn and state officials last year after the city said the nonprofit failed to disclose the project, as is required under state law. The Western Placer Unified School District has also filed a lawsuit against the project.

The city of Lincoln has addressed its homeless residents by providing resources, housing and stability, Andreatta said in the interview. But the proposed plans to create a 105-bed center is unsustainable for the city, and she said her response would have differed if the Gathering Inn had previously approached her.

Andreatta said Landon is telling people that Andreatta did know about the proposed medical respite center, which undermines a central argument of the city’s lawsuit.

“Lying about this for political gain is not just selfish, it’s reckless,” Andreatta said in public comment. “It undermines the foundation of our lawsuit and the credibility we built through sworn testimony.”

Landon, in her emailed statement, wrote “at a time when our country and communities are fractured and divided, Mayor Andreatta’s destructive and dishonest behavior only deepens the divide.”

“While the performance by Mayor Andreatta may have provided for good TV, it’s the opposite of good governance,” she wrote.

For months, Andreatta said she heard Landon spreading a “false narrative, both privately and publicly, that I knew about TGI’s plans in advance.” The mayor even addressed these claims in person with Landon at a recent public event, and thought she had put to rest those rumors.

But over this past weekend, Andreatta said she heard Landon’s brother-in-law once again say Andreatta knew about the Gathering Inn’s plans in advance. So she arrived at Tuesday’s meeting to publicly state her stance.

“This is not about the campaign,” Andreatta said in a phone interview. “This is about the integrity of our lawsuit, the integrity of our sworn statement.

This story was originally published October 10, 2025 at 8:00 AM.

Follow More of Our Reporting on

Related Stories from Sacramento Bee
ID
Ishani Desai
The Sacramento Bee
Ishani Desai is former reporter for The Sacramento Bee.
Get one year of unlimited digital access for $159.99
#ReadLocal

Only 44¢ per day

SUBSCRIBE NOW