Clouds like these off the coast near San Francisco last week are expected to blow into Northern California as a storm predicted to be the biggest to hit the region in six years approaches.
An intense is poised to hit the Sacramento region and Northern California, barrelling in from the Pacific Ocean with what forecasters predict will be high winds and heavy rain.
Here are several weather resources that provide up-to-date information, graphics and photos and other live images focusing on Northern California.
▪ Forecast details, graphics for Northern California
▪ Live storm movement over Northern California
▪ National Weather Service radar images
▪ AccuWeather: Interactive weather updates, forecast and radar images
▪ Caltrans' Quickmap website fior current road conditions
Here’s where to monitor and check for power outages, or to report a power outage.
▪ Sacramento Municipal Utility District outage map
▪ SMUD: Report an outage
▪ SMUD: Outage tips
▪ PG&E Electric Outages
▪ PG&E Gas Outages
▪ PG&E: Report an outage
The Sacramento County Office of Emergency Services provides updates as well as advice on preparing for big storms. Here’s a link to those resources.
Other county emergency services:
▪ El Dorado County
▪ Yolo County
▪ Placer County
▪ Sutter County