General Plan discussion on tap
The public is invited to attend the city of Elk Grove’s listening session as part of its General Plan update for Site 7, a triangular area south of Bond Road and northwest of Grant Line Road. The meeting, which will focus on potential land-use alternatives for the area, is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Pavilion at Elk Grove Regional Park, 9950 Elk Grove Florin Road. Go to www.elkgrovecity.org for more information.
Community pool renovation is topic
A second visioning session for the Cordova Community Pool Renovation Project is planned at 6 p.m. at Neil Orchard Senior Activities Center, 3480 Routier Road. Community members are asked to participate with Cordova Recreation and Park District staffers in the design process. Go to www.cityofranchocordova.org for more information.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
I-80 work planned in Placer County
The state Department of Transportation is advising motorists of construction work this week on Interstate 80 in south Placer County:
▪ From Sierra College Boulevard to Newcastle Road: Eastbound and westbound motorists can expect alternating lane closures and onramp closures from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. daily through Saturday for bridge and paving work, specifically the Newcastle Road ramps. Motorists can expect one-way traffic control from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday on the Gilardi, Horseshoe Bar, Penryn and Newcastle overcrossings for the bridge work.
▪ From Long Ravine underpass to 0.2 miles east of Magra Road overcrossing: Roadwork begins for the 2.5-year, $50.6 million project to construct 3 miles of additional “truck climbing lanes” and other improvements to primarily eastbound I-80 east of Colfax, including widening the Cape Horn undercrossing bridge.
▪ At the Cape Horn undercrossing bridge: Motorists can expect one-way traffic controls for around-the-clock alternating lane closures throughout the summer for bridge work.
‘Pokémon Go’ at State Fair
Inspired by the widely popular “Pokémon Go,” the California State Fair is hosting PokéMonday at Cal Expo, 1600 Exposition Blvd. The fairgrounds have multiple PokéStops and gyms in the app. Highlights include:
▪ A multi-round Pokémon Card Tournament presented by A-1 Comics on the VIP Deck from noon to 4 p.m. Competitors are required to provide their own card deck.
▪ A-1 Comics is providing an experienced professor to run and judge the card tournament.
▪ The winner of the card tournament will receive a grand prize consisting of Pokémon and California State Fair gear.
▪ California State Fair will activate Lure Modules in the “Pokémon Go” app throughout the day.
Go to www.castatefair.org for more information.