Sacramento night club where two people were shot has liquor license suspended
The liquor license for a downtown Sacramento night club where two people were shot last week has been suspended by the state Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
The Parlare Euro Lounge is indefinitely prohibited from selling or serving alcoholic beverages, and the business’ alcoholic beverage license must be transferred to another qualified person or entity, according to a news release issued by the department. If the license is not transferred within one year, it may be permanently revoked.
Thursday’s suspension is the result of an investigation conducted over several months by the state Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and the Sacramento Police Department, focusing on disorderly activities at the business, the release said. In addition to the shooting that wounded a bouncer and patron Aug. 11, police have responded to fights, assaults, public drunkenness and disturbing-the-peace incidents at the establishment since November. The business has faced disciplinary actions before, including a suspension for similar activity in 2012, according to the ABC.
In the Aug. 11 incident, police responded at 1:45 a.m. to a report of a fight inside the club in the 1000 block of 10th Street and found the bouncer with a bullet wound. A short time later, another gunshot victim was found a block away trying to leave the area, according to police. The victims were taken to a hospital with wounds that police said were not life-threatening.
Cathy Locke: 916-321-5287, @lockecathy
This story was originally published August 17, 2017 at 3:40 PM with the headline "Sacramento night club where two people were shot has liquor license suspended."