One man dies in South Natomas shooting. Here’s what Sacramento Police know so far
A man was killed in a late-night shooting in South Natomas, Sacramento Police said Saturday.
Shortly before 10:40 p.m. Friday, patrol officers responded to a call reporting a shooting in the 2700 block of Stonecreek Drive. When they arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was taken to a local hospital, where he later died from his injuries.
Homicide detectives responded to the scene but said they were still trying to identify the assailant.
“This investigation is still in its early stages and information is limited,” police stated. “There is no suspect information to release at this time.”
The victim was identified as Calvin Van Douglas Davis, 39, of Sacramento, the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office said in a Feb. 16 update.
Anyone with information is asked to call the dispatch center at 916-808-5471.
This story was originally published February 5, 2022 at 10:58 AM.