A natural-gas leak at Glenshire Elementary School led to evacuations and road closures for about an hour Saturday.
Just before noon, residents who live near the school – in Truckee’s Glenshire subdivision – were told to evacuate, while Glenshire residents living farther from the school were told to shelter in place and report any gas odor to 911.
The leak was stopped at 12:50 p.m. and evacuations were lifted and roadways reopened, according to a Truckee Police Department advisory message. No injuries were reported.
Southwest Gas Corp. worked Saturday to repair the gas line, which broke when struck by a contractor installing new parking areas at the school, the message stated.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Truckee Fire Protection District, the state Department of Forestry and Fire Protection and the California Highway Patrol assisted.