Crime

‘Multiple suspects’ fired on birthday crowd in Stockton mass shooting, police say

An ATF officer talks on his cellphone Sunday, Nov. 30, 2025, at the site of a mass shooting near Stockton the night before. Authorities said four were killed and 11 were injured in the shooting outside a child's birthday party.
An ATF officer talks on his cellphone Sunday, Nov. 30, 2025, at the site of a mass shooting near Stockton the night before. Authorities said four were killed and 11 were injured in the shooting outside a child's birthday party. hamezcua@sacbee.com

Multiple suspects wearing dark clothing fired on the crowd at a Stockton birthday party killing four and wounding at least 13 others, San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday.

No arrests have been made in the mass shooting. San Joaquin County sheriff’s detectives recovered about 50 casings from the scene. Investigators said the casings indicated “the use of multiple firearms” in the deadly shooting.

Authorities also have received about 50 anonymous tips for investigators, San Joaquin sheriff’s officials said.

“We are grateful for the community’s continued support. Every piece of information helps,” sheriff’s officials said in a statement.

The Tuesday update was the first since a video plea to the public from investigators for more information Saturday, one week after the Nov. 29 mass shooting at a Lucile Avenue banquet hall in Stockton.

The Sheriff’s Office video directs people to the office’s website and the bright red “Information Wanted” button at the top of the page. From there, users can scroll down to the second bullet point and click the link to find the Tip 411 page to submit a tip online.

Tips are anonymous. Names and addresses are not required or collected.

Four people, including three children, were killed in the gunfire: Susano Archuleta, 21, of Stockton; Amari Peterson, 14, of Modesto; Journey Rose Reotutar Guerrero, 8; and 8-year-old Maya Lupian, both of Stockton.

San Joaquin County authorities working with few leads and scant descriptions of the gunmen expressed frustration in the days before Saturday’s public video appeal.

“Please talk to investigators,” San Joaquin County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Heather Brent said last week. “There were 100 to 150 people at the party. The information that we’re getting is not enough. We need more information.”

More than $130,000 in rewards have been offered by the FBI, San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office, federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, along with Stockton mayor Christina Fugazi and community groups

Sheriff’s officials are urging anyone with additional information, video footage, or who may have witnessed any part of the shooting to contact the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office at 209-468-5087.

.

Darrell Smith
The Sacramento Bee
Darrell Smith is a local reporter for The Sacramento Bee. He joined The Bee in 2006 and previously worked at newspapers in Palm Springs, Colorado Springs and Marysville. Smith was born and raised at Beale Air Force Base and lives in Elk Grove.
Get one year of unlimited digital access for $159.99
#ReadLocal

Only 44¢ per day

SUBSCRIBE NOW