Crime

Davis police arrest juvenile suspect in string of indecent exposure incidents

Generic illustration showing handcuffs and a fingerprint index

Davis police arrested a juvenile Wednesday suspected of carrying out a series of indecent exposure incidents this month in the city’s Olive Drive area, department officials said.

Police identified the teen and made the arrest Wednesday morning, according to a statement posted on the Davis Police Department’s social media accounts. Because the suspect is underage, police said no additional details would be released.

Davis investigators earlier this month said six incidents, on Jan. 2 and Jan. 6, were connected to the same suspect. In earlier descriptions, investigators said the suspect was believed to be a male in his teens or early 20s who allegedly followed women while exposing himself and soliciting sexual acts.

Darrell Smith
The Sacramento Bee
Darrell Smith is a local reporter for The Sacramento Bee. He joined The Bee in 2006 and previously worked at newspapers in Palm Springs, Colorado Springs and Marysville. Smith was born and raised at Beale Air Force Base and lives in Elk Grove.
Get one year of unlimited digital access for $159.99
#ReadLocal

Only 44¢ per day

SUBSCRIBE NOW