Woodland police announced the arrest of nine people Thursday following searches and service of arrest warrants in Sacramento and Yolo counties as part a multi-agency weapons investigation.
Thursday’s operation included the service of an arrest and search warrant in the 3900 block of 17th Avenue in Sacramento, in which police said an armed suspect was wounded in a confrontation with an agent of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Authorities said the identity of that suspect was being withheld due to the ongoing investigation.
Woodland police released the names of the nine arrested and their suspected crimes:
- Robert Holguin, 27, 7100 block of Land Park Drive, Sacramento, on a warrant charging him with various firearms offenses and criminal conspiracy. He also was arrested on suspicion of possession for sales of methamphetamine.
- Raymond Asif, 34, 8200 block of Center Parkway, Sacramento, for possession for sales of methamphetamine.
- Leonard Morales, 32, 3900 block of Westporter Drive, Sacramento, for possession for sales of methamphetamine and for being an ex-felon in possession of a firearm.
- Alfonso Vasquez, 27, of Woodland, for possession for sales of cocaine, maintaining a place where narcotics are sold, being armed with a firearm during commission of a felony and possession of narcotics while possessing a firearm.
- Jason Zaragoza, 40, of Woodland, for being an ex-felon in possession of a loaded firearm, which was a stolen firearm, and for being an ex-felon in possession of ammunition.
- Justin Johnson, 31, of Woodland, for violating the terms and conditions of his post-release community supervision and violation of his “gang” conditions.
- Cesar Gutierrez, 26, of Woodland, for violating the gang conditions of his parole.
- Miseal Escobedo, 21, of Woodland, for possession for sales of concentrated cannabis, conspiracy and the gang enhancement.
- A 15-year-old from Woodland, for a violation of his probation based on his possession of gang paraphernalia and failure to provide weekly drug tests. His name was not released because he is a juvenile.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.