Crime - Sacto 911

Occupant injured in Antelope house fire caused by space heater

Fire damage to this house on Bitter Root Court in Antelope was estimated at $300,000.
Fire damage to this house on Bitter Root Court in Antelope was estimated at $300,000.

A space heater was blamed for a fire that destroyed an Antelope home and injured an occupant Friday morning.

The fire was reported shortly before 11 a.m. in a two-story home in the the 8400 block of Bitter Root Court. Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District officials said one occupant suffered hand and facial burns and was taken to an area hospital.

Fire officials reported that a portion of the roof collapsed. Damage to the home was estimated at $300,000.

Fire officials said the fire was caused by a space heater.

No other structures were threatened.

Cathy Locke: 916-321-5287, @lockecathy

  Comments