El Dorado County Sheriff John D’Agostini will hold town hall meetings throughout the county to discuss plans for a new sheriff’s headquarters.
The county last month released a draft environmental study for a new facility proposed on Industrial Drive in the Diamond Springs area. The new facility would centralize and consolidate Sheriff’s Office functions that currently operate out of seven different facilities.
The town hall meetings, scheduled Jan. 25 through Feb. 1, will begin at 6 p.m. They will be held in:
▪ District 1: Jan. 28, at the El Dorado Hills Fire Department, 1050 Wilson Blvd., El Dorado Hills.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ District 2: Jan. 25, at the Pioneer Park Community Center, 6740 Fairplay Road, Somerset.
▪ District 3: Jan. 26, at the American Legion Hall, 4561 Greenstone Road, Placerville.
▪ District 4: Feb. 1, at the Pilot Hill/Cool Grange Hall, 1701 Highway 193, Cool.
▪ District 5: Jan. 27, at the Pollock Pines Community Center, 2675 Sanders Way, Pollock Pines.
The draft environmental impact report is available for public review online via the El Dorado County government website. Copies also are available for review from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in the county’s Community Development Agency Development Services office, 2850 Fairlane Court, Building C, in Placerville. Written comments are due by Jan. 28.