A Sacramento man has been convicted of producing child pornography that was used in online advertisements for prostitution services.
A federal jury in Los Angeles on Friday found Antonio Dickerson, 26, guilty of one count of sexual exploitation of a minor for production of child pornography, an offense that carries a mandatory minimum prison sentence of 15 years and a maximum sentence of 30 years, according to a U.S. Attorney’s Office news release.
The jury acquitted him of a charge of sex trafficking of a minor.
Dickerson – who was also known by several aliases, including “Girbaud,” “Bohanlin” and “Mayor Marlow” – is to be sentenced May 2 by U.S. District Judge Stephen V. Wilson.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Dickerson’s co-defendant, 26-year-old D’Antoine Thomas, also of Sacramento, previously pleaded guilty to sex trafficking of a minor. Thomas faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years and a maximum sentence of life in federal prison, authorities said. He is to be sentenced by Judge Wilson on March 14.
The victim in the case was 16 when she met Thomas in Sacramento in 2010. She soon started working for Thomas as a prostitute in Northern California, authorities said. In April 2011, Dickerson transported Thomas, the victim and another prostitute to Orange County. During the trip, Dickerson directed the 16-year-old victim and another prostitute to simulate sex acts, which he photographed and posted on a website to advertise prostitution, authorities said.
The case resulted from an investigation by the FBI and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.