A Sacramento man was sentenced Monday in federal court in Los Angeles to 15 years in prison for producing child pornography that was used to advertise the victim as a prostitute.
A federal jury in February found Antonio Dickerson, 26, guilty of one count of exploitation of a minor for production of child pornography, according to a U.S. Attorney’s Office news release.
Dickerson’s co-defendant in the case, D’Antoine Thomas, 26, also of Sacramento, previously pleaded guilty to sex trafficking of a minor and was sentenced in March to seven years in federal prison.
The victim in the case was 16 when she met Thomas in Sacramento in 2010, and she soon started working for him as a prostitute in Northern California. In April 2011, Dickerson transported Thomas, the victim and another prostitute to Orange County. During the trip, Dickerson directed the 16-year-old victim and another prostitute to simulate sex acts, which he photographed and posted on a website to advertise prostitution services involving the girls, authorities said.
Dickerson also directed the victim and another 16-year-old girl to engage in commercial sex acts, according to the sentencing papers filed by prosecutors. Dickerson was aware of the victim’s age, but didn’t care how old she was, authorities said.
The case resulted from an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.