Free vaccination against the flu virus is available this fall in Sacramento County.
The Sacramento County Division of Public Health will be holding the flu shot clinics for children over the age of six months and adults.
“The earlier people get vaccinated, the better,” said Dr. Olivia Kasirye, Sacramento County public health officer. “It takes two weeks for the protective properties of the vaccine to take effect.”
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
▪ Saturday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Healthy Kids Day, Sleep Train Arena, 1 Sports Pkwy., Sacramento
▪ Tuesday: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., St. Therese Church, 100 Fourth St., Isleton
▪ Oct. 15: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Citrus Heights Community Center, 6300 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights
▪ Oct. 22: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Mission Oak Community Center, 4701 Gibbons Drive, Carmichael
▪ Oct. 24: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Church of Christ, 4910 Lemon Hill Ave., Sacramento
▪ Nov. 3: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Department of Human Assistance, 2450 Florin Road, Sacramento
▪ Nov. 5: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Sacramento County Administration Building, 700 H St., Sacramento
▪ Nov. 12: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rusch Park, 7801 Auburn Blvd., Citrus Heights